Sunday, March 11, 2012

Snow Canyon

Snow Canyon has red rocks on one side and white ones on the other.  Sometimes, it has both colors in the same rock.  It's really cool.


Now, I'm having a challenge with this post because the canyon is apparently inverted.  I took pictures with my new phone (Samsung Galaxy SII)'s camera.  It's 8 megapixels and gets much better shots than my old Blackberry.  And I haven't had this problem anywhere else, but these pictures all turned out upside down.  Even when I open them on the computer and rotate them 180 degrees and save them, they still show up with the top of the mountains pointing down.  And also my head points down.


There's really no other explanation for this.  Gravity inside Snow Canyon is reversed.  It's especially striking when you get to the natural amphitheater at the end of Whiterocks Trail.


And because gravity is all skeewampous, your legs are even more sore than normal the next day.  It can't be because you're out of shape.  It's got to be backwards gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment