Sunday, December 2, 2012

The lake that's a river

Look on any map and it looks like a river.

Lady Bird Lake
There's no getting around it--it's a river.
In fact, it's a river.  The lower Colorado.  In 1960 or so they built a damn and called it a lake.

Whatever it is, it's awesome.

I'm at the Holiday in on Town Lake, which must be a rebellious or Republican hotel because the river has been officially named Lady Bird Lake for some time now.

It has a great running and biking trail running the length of it, with several very large parks as well.  I rode a kayak on it, and it reminded me of being in Foster City.  I kind of want to buy a kayak now, but I have no place in Utah to put it down.

Here's what it was like in Austin:


Not my feet.
That bridge stinks like nobody's business, because a lot of bats live there and keep doing their business under it.

No comments:

Post a Comment