Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Furniture Shopping

I'm moving in a week.  Actually, I started moving this week.  In fact, I'm mostly moved because I own next to nothing.  Once I move my toiletries, my sheets, and my clothes, everything I own will be at the new place.  But I'm about to own some more.  I went out furniture shopping on Saturday.

On my list was a bed, mattress, dresser, mirror, nightstand, kitchen table, TV, desk, and couch.  Some of my bachelor friends live pretty spartan lives, with a futonish bed, a folding table or a desk, and a hand-me down couch.  (And a sound booth.)  I'll be higher on the hog.

I found this couch:

And this bedroom set:

Guess what doesn't exist.  A table I like at a price I'm willing to pay for it.  And why is an extra chair another $150?  I'll be standing to eat for quite some time.

Finding a TV I like wasn't a problem.  There were so many that fit the bill.  I'll be picking up one of those later in the week.  Maybe I'll put a board on top of it and eat off that.

2 comments:

  1. I have an extra door at my house that you could use for a table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your furniture. Wanna trade???

    ReplyDelete