Sunday, April 8, 2012

Missing in Boise

I took an impromptu visit to Boise, Idaho on Friday to meet with people about a potential business opportunity.  There aren't a lot of direct flights to Boise from Salt Lake, and the trip was last-minute, so the available flights were super expensive.  So, I drove.  I like road trips anyway, though they're more fun when I can stop and smell the diners along the way, and this trip was kind of rushed since I had meetings early on Saturday morning.

But I was excited because I'd be able to eat at Donnie Mac's Trailer Park Cuisine, a restaurant that is every bit as charming as its name, which very charming.  I went there about two years ago after seeing it highlighted on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives, the television show I miss the most now that I don't have cable.



I mentioned to our host that I was going to stop by there on the way home.  "Didn't that close?" she asked.  "WHAT?!"  How could this place close?!  It closed.  I was totally bummed.

I had also planned to go to the temple for a session while there, and it was closed, too.

So, we ate at the Boise Stage Stop.  The food wasn't as good, but at least the waitress called me "Honey" every time I spoke to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment