Saturday, April 21, 2012

Dancing caterpillar

I took a business trip to Moab this week, and while there took two hours to hike Negro Bill Canyon again.  This time the scenery was just as awesome.



The canyon was more crowded with adults, kids, and dogs.  It was fun watching them all cross the stream.  All of the dogs, and even a few of the kids, didn't care about falling in; they embraced it.  I saw two boys just walking down the stream.  It was a warm day, despite morning rain, and everyone loved the water and shade when they could find it.


The native wildlife, however, was magical.  As I was walking back from the arch, there was a caterpillar hanging in mid-air, dancing.  I'd seen spiders do this sort of thing before, though they're usually rappelling instead of dancing, but do caterpillars spin webs?  Pictures:



Do you see the caterpillar?  It was a sight to see, and it wasn't embarrassed at all to be caught dancing in the canyon, the way I was when it happened to me.  Wasn't even embarrassed that he was naked, the way I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment