Saturday, December 10, 2011

Claim Jumper desserts



Someone asked me what my favorite restaurant was the other day.  I had a hard time coming up with one because I love so many.  But really I had a hard time because my favorite place I hardly ever get to visit--there are none within 400 miles of my house.  It's Claim Jumper.  (What's a Claim Jumper besides an awesome restaurant?  It's one who illegally occupies property to which another has a legal claim.)

So, whenever I'm in a city that has one, I stock up.  CJ is good for its food, but is fantastic for its dessert.  The menu used to be more like a novel, but they've shortened it since I went last.  Still, they have steaks, ribs, and chicken, plus pasta, pizza, sandwiches, pot pies, soups, and, the most delicious desserts.

The best is the Chocolate Chip Calzone, which I ordered to eat today.

It's rich, but the bread is unsweetened so you can eat more than you think.  It is a heavenly dessert.

To take home to Utah with me, I ordered a Raspberry and White Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie, which is better than cheesecake, and a Lemon Bar Brulee, which is as good as it sounds.  These both are in the fridge at the hotel and travel well.  A lucky girl will get to share this with me once I get back home.

I didn't order the I d'Eclair, which is an eclair with Bavarian Cream and Ice Cream the size of a football.

It's awesome if you're staying at the restaurant and have four people to help you eat it, but the ice cream doesn't travel well on six hour road trips, no matter how cold it is outside.

1 comment:

  1. You should write the text for my book. It would be better with your words.

    ReplyDelete