Saturday, December 10, 2011

CTR? Nope

At the hotel pool today we went to the hot tub.  Getting out was a guy with a beer and several tattoos.  As he walked by and we exchanged passing greetings, I looked back as I passed and saw that his backwards hat said CTR on it.

Seriously?  Sure thought so.  The T was a sword, and I've seen rings with that design before.

He came back in the hot tub later with another drink and the same hat, so I could get a better look.  We asked him what the CTR stood for.  He had no idea, but he sure talked fun explaining that.  He's from Vancouver, and talks like he was in Strange Brew--like how I talk when I want to make fun of Canadians, eh.



On close inspection, I could see the CTR was actually a backwards D and an R (I didn't have my camera--I was in a hot tub--so no picture) with the straight left side of the R being a sword and the hit above the logo.  Wow, did that look like CTR.

Instead, it was more like DTR, which is another Utah acronym, but one that means something much different and much more annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment