Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fatal Fiesta

This is was my first Halloween as a single person since I was too old to go trick-or-treating.  (The last time I did that was 1998 when I was still a baby at 24.  I was a ghost with a sheet and collected candy on my knees.)  Single people, I find, usually don't stay home to pass out candy and make Harry Potter-themed meals (Like Cream of Whomping Willow Soup and Grindylow Cakes) like I used to do.

So, I helped plan and went to a Halloween murder mystery party, the Fatal Fiesta.  I played the Mayor of Fortunado, Diego Dumas, which opens up some great humor if you borrow a joke from The Shawshank Redemption, and becomes even better when everyone is using exaggerated accents.  I was having an affair with the victim, who was my adopted niece.

This party was a blast.  Everyone was into their character, was cracking jokes, and just ate the concept up along with virgin pina coladas.  I'd totally do one of these again, which I found at www.host-party.com.

Also, I won the Best Accent award that night, so that was nice.

UPDATE: A picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment