Saturday, November 19, 2011

Nose vomit

This week I got a stomach flu.

Wednesday I had a temple date.  We went to Zupa's, which is always tasty.  I ordered grilled cheese and tomato soup.  I was being so good, right?  I was even being good other days--much better, food-wise, than usual.  I had eaten school lunch (all healthy, Mrs. Obama), yogurt, fruit, and veggies with dinner.  All the good stuff. But after dinner during a session at the temple, I could tell things weren't right.

Man, did I pray to feel better.  How embarrassing would it be to rush out in the middle of an endowment session?  Would everyone think that I suddenly didn't feel worthy?  And what about the guy whose work I was doing?  He must've been so excited when I came in.  Sorry, dude.

About an hour in, I found a good time to excuse myself and rushed out.  I think there's not a lot of cause for visitors to use the restrooms on the upper floors of the temple, because no one knew where they were.  But I found the men's room, and just in time.

It was a bit like this.



But more orange.  Needless to say, I had to bleach my whites.

After I had purged all that yummy tomato soup, I waited for my date so I could take her home, like a gentleman would.  Also like a gentleman would, I made sure to stop at a storm drain for my vomit stop on the way home. "Excuse me for a minute," I said, all gentlemanly, as I got out of the car and spewed into the sewer.  And like a true lady, she had tissue all ready for me when I got back in the car.

It's dates like this that can really bind a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment