Thursday, November 10, 2011

Vegetables and Celine Dion

I like to eat at Chinese buffets. They are inexpensive and have good vegetables.  They have plenty of non-vegetables, but I can always get some fresh broccoli and green beans, and I don't know any other place for such at lunch.  I never order salads when I go to restaurants.  It's a weakness, but that's what it is.  If I want to eat some veggies, a Chinese buffet is where to go.

Today I was at Hong Kong Buffet in Cedar City.  I recommend it.  Independent of the two stories below.

Once I was there with a friend.  We were piling up plates and someone walked out of the kitchen.  While the door was open, someone back in the kitchen audibly hocked a loogie.  (I assume he just needed to clear his throat--happens to all of us right?  The point isn't that it was gross, it was just a setup to Bob's punchline.)  Bob said, "That's how they make egg drop soup."

Today they were playing some random Chinese music for the first few minutes I was there.  That happens at Chinese restaurants, and it's not a bother.  But today, the next song was by Celine Dion.  And the next one, and the next one.  The restaurant was playing a best of Celine CD while I'm trying to enjoy Sesame Chicken and sugared biscuits!

Have you ever noticed that when you listen to Celine Dion, things just seem to look and sound worse?  The Lo Mein suddenly looks like pin worms, and the Egg Drop Soup looks like, well, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment